Polaris vacuum coils itself

EddieO

May 5, 2012
Crestwood Ky
I have an automatic Polaris pool vacuum. This thing will coil itself up withing 5 mins. I have the proper length hose and depth of hose. I have laid the hose on the deck in the sun and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem?
Eddie

You might want to check and make sure all the wheels are spinning at the same rate, also see where the jet located at the back of the unit is pointing if you straighten it out you might not coil up so fast. Another thing might be to check to make sure the backup valve is turning on and of consistently and not located to far from the unit. Hope this helps.

Take the Polaris out of the water and check that the end of the hose that is attached to the Polaris does not bend to one side or the other. If it does, loosen the nut and twist the hose so that it bends towards the rear. Also, make sure that all of the hose bearings that connect each section can spin freely. Finally, make sure that the float is in the proper position so the Polaris is not always trying to climb or dive.

Reviving the thread, mine started to do the same, what I found is that, as the floaters on the hose decay, they don't float anymore, any section of the hose that is below water level will cause it to coil and even create knots.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.