intex code 92 on salt chlorinator

May 5, 2012
we purchased an intex saltwater chlorinator for a 15 X 42 intex pool. According to the book, we put 80 lbs of salt in the pool, dissolved it and waited 24 hours to start the chlorinator. We have been using the chlorinator for a week and yesterday it threw a code 92 (too much salt) and it won't go off. We have not added anymore salt. The only thing added was muriatic acid to get the ph down. Do you know anything about this code 92 and how to fix it. I don't understand how it ran for a week and no code, we didn't add more salt and now the code won't go off.... Thanks!
Wanda

Welcome to TFP!

Evaporation can increase the salt level slowly. If it was right on the edge of too high to begin with, a weeks of evaporation could have pushed it over into the salt level being too high.

I suggest you drain out a few inches of water and then replace with new water. That will get the salt level down and should clear the error number.

Thank you! I will try that. uhhh... no I do have a salt level test kit. Apparently, the pool store I'm using doesn't care much for saltwater pools and doesn't know anything about them... I will get a salt test kit...I'm sure I will be back on here with other questions! Thanks so much for your help and I'll let you know how it comes out!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.