Stenner 45MHP10 Output rate

Sabot

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Ok...pump installed. Waiting to connect output pending the usage of all the bleach from the liquidator.

Question, how do I figure out how much bleach per day to start with? Figured I start with 4 gpd and adjust.

Sabot said:
Ok...pump installed. Waiting to connect output pending the usage of all the bleach from the liquidator.

Question, how do I figure out how much bleach per day to start with? Figured I start with 4 gpd and adjust.

It will pump .89oz per minute. How many oz per day are you adding now? Divide ounces per day by .89 and that's how many minutes per day you need to run the stennar pump.

Helpful chart: http://www.lockewell.com/pdf/45series.pdf

Search the site for Stenner pump conversion and you should find a spreadsheet you can use to figure out the output at the different dial settings. If you don't find it, bump this tomorrow and I'll upload it for you.

To be honest, I don't know my daily rate any more. I just fill up the Liquidator for the week and swim. Is there a formula that will assist me in knowing what I should be adding to maintain FC? The Pool Cal tells me what I need add if I know the beginning FC and what my target FC is. What if I know only my target say is 3. How much chlorine do I need to add per day/per minute to maintain a FC of 3?

During the summer months I am running the pool pump 12 hrs. I have the Stenner on the pool cleaner timer so it will turn on/ off with the pool pump. The timer also allows me to adjust for less time within the window of time which the pool pump is in operation.

My manual states the following per feed rate control settings:
L= .5 gpd
1= 1 gpd
2= 2 gpd
3= 3 gpd
4= 4 gpd
5= 5 gpd
6= 6 gpd
7= 7 gpd
8= 8 gpd
9= 9 gpd
10= 10 gpd (.89 oz per minute)

Since the manual clearly (tho in the fine print at the bottom of the page) states the above is a guide and I should field calibrate to ensure the results which I am seeking. I am trying to figure out the parameters which the factory came to the above feed rate. Did the factory run the pump for 4,6,8 or more hours to achieve the above feed rates? My testing once I place the pump in operations will answer this but in the mean time I have time to try to figure this out on paper.

I have roughly 20,000 gal pool and for the most part my water is balanced. I am operating the pool pump for 12 hours which means I can also operate the Stenner up to 12 hours if need be. I am also using 12% (or less due to aging) chlorine.

Bama, plz post a link. I am not sure if I am looking at the same data you are.

The amount of chlorine required to maintain a given level is different for every pool and changes with the seasons and how much the pool is getting used.

The simplest thing to do is to treat the rate control the same way you would a SWG percentage setting. If FC is too low, turn up the rate, and if FC is too high turn down the rate. Not only does that save you the effort of doing all that math, it also matches up with reality, which the math does not always do.

I started out with my Stenner pump running on low when the pump is on and ended up buying a separate timer for it. The Stenner pump is loud when running on low; mine clicked loudly every time it paused to slow itself down. It rus much quiter on a higher setting. I've also read in other posts here that running on low will shorten the pum life.

I'd start out adding 1ppm chlorine per day,about 21 oz , and then adjust from there. You'll need to test daily until you know it is right.

Some where here I read that the Stenner pumps should have their feed output maxed out for longevity. I hear a ping as it turns. So with that in mind, I get 10 GPD when it's maxed out.

So if I want to dispense say 2 gallons of chlorine a day with the pump fixed at 10 GPD, I would need to run the pump 4.8 hours.

128oz (x) 2 = 256 oz / .89 =287.64 minutes / 60 = 4.79 hrs

It's on a timer so it should be easy to maintain the feed rate based on timing.

Sabot said:
Some where here I read that the Stenner pumps should have their feed output maxed out for longevity. I hear a ping as it turns. So with that in mind, I get 10 GPD when it's maxed out.

So if I want to dispense say 2 gallons of chlorine a day with the pump fixed at 10 GPD, I would need to run the pump 4.8 hours.

128oz (x) 2 = 256 oz / .89 =287.64 minutes / 60 = 4.79 hrs

It's on a timer so it should be easy to maintain the feed rate based on timing.

I have read on this form the same thing about running the pump on lower settings shortens it's life, anybody know for sure on this?

I can tell you for sure that my Stenner pump is very loud when on lower speeds. When it is on lower speeds I can hear it in the house opposite the wall the equipment is on - I can not here my pump or any other equipment in this room just the stunner pump on low. It is much quitter when on full speed and makes almost no noise.

texasdad said:
I started out with my Stenner pump running on low when the pump is on and ended up buying a separate timer for it. The Stenner pump is loud when running on low; mine clicked loudly every time it paused to slow itself down. It rus much quiter on a higher setting. I've also read in other posts here that running on low will shorten the pum life.

I'd start out adding 1ppm chlorine per day,about 21 oz , and then adjust from there. You'll need to test daily until you know it is right.

I found the same thing, the stenner is actually much louder than my actual filter pump. I decided I wanted it to run on max output for as short a time as possible. Im putting it on an outdoor timer from home depot rather than wiring it to the filter pump.

My pool is 17500 and running it for 1 hour on 10 gpd (45mhp10) added 1.5ppm. Im planning to run it for 1.5 hours or so per day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just bought the 45mhp10 and it puts out more than 10Gal/day. More Like 11.8. I measure it at 31ml/min. When it's supposed to be 26.32 ml/min. I can adjust my run times but How accurate are these supposed to be?

I would treat the Stenner just like my Liquidator. Manually dose the pool to get FC in the middle of the minimum and target levels FC level for your Cya level. If you don't know the daily consumption of chlorine, then assume say 3 ppm and set the Stenner to deliver the amount of chlorine needed to achieve the 3 ppm. Measure FC daily at the same time, (after chlorine injection is done for the day) and adjust the Stenner rate accordingly.

Reactions: MrXYZ123
I know my daily consumption and will adjust my run times based on what my pumps actual output is. I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with their pumps output being off from the stated spec'd output. Mine appears to be off by 18%. Anyway, I emailed Stenner to see if that is an acceptable tolerance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.