First test.... now what

Jun 17, 2011
North Texas
Okay, so finally I have the numbers from my first test using the TF-100 kit. This is for a SWG.

Water temp: 83
Salt: 3000ppm
FC: .5
CC: .5
pH: 8.2
T/A: 60
CH: 210
CYA: Filled all the way and could still see the black dot. Is the water in the test bottle supposed to get cloudy?

It' obvious my chlorine is too low, right. I've been running the filter and SWG only about 4 hours per day, at 45%. I ran the boost overnight, and just this morning bumped the percentage to 60%.

What next? I'm concerned about the CYA - either I didn't test right, or it's very low.

Yep, your going to have to shock. It's not a freshly filled pool? If not your going need to read Pool School in my signature and read about shocking your pool. Your just taxing your SWG, so bleach is going to be your friend!

When CYA is zero the water sample won't get cloudy and you will always be able to see the dot. So your results are normal, and indicate that CYA is either zero, or too low for the test to measure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.