Hayward pump/sand filter vs. Intex 2650 gph pump/sand filter

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
Hi, I’d like to ask the opinions of those in the know.

I am purchasing the Intex Ultra Frame 26’ x 52” pool and was planning to get the Intex Sand Filter / pump combo that has a 2650 gph rate. I really would prefer a better pump / filter system as recommended by Jason. Now I have found this Hayward setup and would like to know what you think.

http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-S166T...r-Top-Mount/dp/B000UXUGYM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_lg_3

Would a 1 HP pump suffice? Be efficient?
Would a 1 ½ HP pump be better or overkill for the 26’ x 52” Pool?

For the sand filter: 16” or 18”? I’m thinking the 18” (it has a 7 way valve (adding: winter, closed and rinse) vs. the 4 way valve on the 16”)

Thank you,

Re: Hayward pump/sand filter vs. Intex 2650 gph pump/sand fi

Get the largest filter you have room for and can afford. Also, get a two speed pump. A two speed pump run on low speed saves you a significant amount of electricity and you still have high speed for when you need it.

Re: Hayward pump/sand filter vs. Intex 2650 gph pump/sand fi

Thank you. I appreciate the quick response with loads of good information. :bowdown:

I'm finding it difficult to determine whether some of the pumps are 1 or 2 speed and am supposing
that if it doesn't say, it's probably a single speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.