Stenner Double Head Adjustable Output

Sabot

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
I just ordered a single head to feed my chlorine. If I decide to feed my muriatic acid, could i replace the single head with a dual? Any issue with one pumping chlorine and the other pumping muriatic acid? The injection points will be after the filter and as far apart as I can put them. The Stenner is controlled by my main pool timer/controller and will only come on when my pump does.

As secondary question... Is there a flow meter when acts as a switch to turn off power if no flow is detected? For safety, I would really like to have such a device to prevent chlorine and muriatic acid from mixing in the PVC if the pump dies or looses prime...

My understanding is that the dual head model only has a single feed rate control, which makes using it for two different chemicals problematic.

It is certainly possible to create a flow switch to shutdown the dosing pump, but you would probably have to assemble something out of various parts. All of the flow switches I know of are low voltage switches, which would need to be connected to a power supply and relay to be able to cut off the dosing pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.