Pool cleaner w/ quick disconnect has broken pins

Mar 30, 2012
Hi all!,

I have a pool cleaner that connects to the wall with a quick disconnect connection.
There are 2 pins that the quick disconnect hooks onto inside the socket on the wall of the pool.
Those 2 pins have broken off I guess due to use/age.
Can that outer receptacle be replaced easily...in other words does it screw off or something.

To clarify, I am talking about replacing the female part that is in the wall of the pool.

Thanks!

IMAG1294.jpg

Actually, that part is for vacuum right? I need the one for pressure that has the pins on the inside to hold the hose on the connector.

Thanks!

I found it, it's the Hayward pool cleaner universal wall fitting. Thanks TFP & blakej!

Eric

Hope this is ok to post, since its been awhile.

New pool, previous owner i guess put in crooked, just recently noticed polaris didnt have pressure.
The Adapter Fitting ''bung'' was cracked and bypassing flow.
I bought new Adapter Fitting , when i tryined to unscrew from wall it just crumbled!
I tryed picking at it for an hour in the rain, would not budge. What should i do? thoght about hacksaw blade but i do not want to damage further.

The piece in the wall that Adapter Fitting screws into, if i damage that, whats the repair, to actually drain water, freaking drill out and replace then cement around? im terrified this will be the outcome. :drown:
thanks for any suggestions!

marty said:
Hope this is ok to post, since its been awhile.

New pool, previous owner i guess put in crooked, just recently noticed polaris didnt have pressure.
The Adapter Fitting ''bung'' was cracked and bypassing flow.
I bought new Adapter Fitting , when i tryined to unscrew from wall it just crumbled!
I tryed picking at it for an hour in the rain, would not budge. What should i do? thoght about hacksaw blade but i do not want to damage further.

The piece in the wall that Adapter Fitting screws into, if i damage that, whats the repair, to actually drain water, freaking drill out and replace then cement around? im terrified this will be the outcome. :drown:
thanks for any suggestions!

You're on the right track. Use a hacksaw blade to make a longitudinal score in the adapter until you get to the threads in the in-wall fitting. At that point you can usually use a screw driver to break it loose enough to get it out.

Don't worry about buggering up the threads on the in-wall fitting, they can be cleaned up by scraping them out, then running a 1.5" pipe thread piece in, carefully, until the threads are clear.

Next time start a new thread so it doesn't confuse people.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.