How do I mark posts as read?

gboulton

Bronze Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
Nashville, TN
On most forums, I have the ability to mark all posts as read, so i can start with a clean "View unread posts" slate, as it were.

I don't see that option here at TFP...furthermore, reading a post doesn't seem to remove it from the "View unread Posts" list.

What am I missing?

This may help.

I log on and look at the "new posts by date". I then browse those, reading only the ones I want to. Then when I am done with that session, I Logout manually.

When I am ready for a new session, I log back on, select, "New posts by date" and it only shows me those posts that are new since I logged out.

Not exactly what you are asking for but it's a good way to browse the forums.

duraleigh said:
This may help.

I log on and look at the "new posts by date". I then browse those, reading only the ones I want to. Then when I am done with that session, I Logout manually.

When I am ready for a new session, I log back on, select, "New posts by date" and it only shows me those posts that are new since I logged out.

Not exactly what you are asking for but it's a good way to browse the forums.

Ick. :lol: Logging in and out every visit would drive me nuts. :)

Could we perhaps add the "Mark forums read" link to the bottom of the "View unread posts" results page? That would make life soooooo much simpler. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.