Charlotte NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Monarch ESC36 / ESC8000
Well I'm sure the subject line got some attention. I just wanted to share my experience and let the story and results tell the story....

This is my 5th year as a pool owner. At best, I am a novice when it come to pools and how to maintain. For example, last year alone, it took me until July 4th to get my pool clean and clear enough to finally let the family and friends go for a dip...over two month into the season that I spent countless hours working to clear, clean and make safe a large investment that continued to make me wish I had never put the pool in. This is not to mention the nearly $2000 that I spent on items and issues the my local "pool expert(s)" suggest that I throw at the thing. This included burning out a SWG cell, a filter cartridge I didn't need, and killed some robot filters in the process. Needless to say, I put myself at the mercy of those who did not know........

I found this site and read, and re-read tons of post, directions and solutions. The one thing that remained consistant were the directions and how to fix all the problem that I had experienced. When you can repeat results with the same direction from many who have been here before me, it doesn't take a genius to follow the simple easy way.

I bought the TF-100 as suggested ( a great VALUE), and had it here in less than one day. Did my test, posted my results, and followed the pool school direction, pool-calc amounts, and ask questions when I didn't understand. Results??.....I've spent LESS than $75 so far this year, have the pool opened by May 1 and most important, have a clear, clean and SAFE pool for my family and friends. Got to be an idiot if you "poo-poo" those results!!!

The knowledge here is priceless. The honest, open kindness of those who help is in a class by itself. I can never thanks all those who have helped me without a single request for $$$.

So if you are on the fence about going BBB, or you have any question IF this really works, please feel free to add to this post and/or PM me.....I'll be glad to give you facts and facts only.

Back to the "What TFP has done to me"........just made me a very happy pool owner with lots more cash in my pocket and most important----a clean, clear and SAFE pool.

Thanks for listening....results don't lie!!

Samiguy

Glad you've fallen off the right side of the fence... right into that nice, clean sparkling pool and not that pile you found on the other side! :mrgreen:

One thing that TFP did for me was wake me up to the fact that some of my friends swimming pools are filthy and disgusting and are that way due to simple lack of knowledge and/or caring.

The BBB solution is so simple and straight forward, the initial testing and getting up to speed on how things work is a bit of a challenge but all it takes is a bit of commitment and sitting down to perform a few tests. I couldn't believe after a couple of weeks I had all the testing processes memorized, I knew all the normal numbers and in a few more weeks I was confidently anticipating the needs of the water and assumptions were reinforced thru testing....and my water was awesome, I was proud of how clean and clear it was.

Also, this is the only forum I'm active on. The posters/admin here are friendly and helpful.

I'm in the same boat. I started here when I bought a house with a pool and I had no idea what I was doing. It's been nothing but great for me although I still can't get my wife to understand how it's ok to pour bleach in the pool.... I've almost got her convinced though. :)

Anytime I hear a conversation about pools, I always refer those involved to this site.

Any time I mention bleach people seem to be thinking whether or not they should be phoning the gov't to take my children or something, they think I'm an imbecile.
Meanwhile I get advice like 'I've got one puck left that I'm trying to make last the rest of the summer". :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.