Cloudy water

Ryanc

Apr 3, 2008
Ohio
Hello all,

I hope this is in the right area of the forums. Let me start off with a little background. I worked on 14 pools and 7 hot tubs all outside for 10 years. Recently changed jobs and now take care of 1 indoor pool for the last 3 months with no problems. Here is the issue I'm having now. Last thursday morning I went to backwash the pool and blew the shaft seal on the pump motor, thus causing a leak and having to shut down pool for 1 1/2 days to get parts to fix pump. For the down time the pool stayed crystal clear. Fixed the pump and turned on friday afternoon. I came into work on saturday to check chemicals in the pool and it was so cloudy that you could not see the bottom drain cover (5' pool depth). Pool is running a sand filter that is clogging up on a daily basis. I'll get new chemical readings tonight and post to see if someone can give me a hand.

Thanks,
Ryan

Welcome to TFP!

In addition to water test numbers, could you describe how the water looks in more detail? Is it white/milky, or gray, or green? Plus, what chemicals are normally used, kind of chlorine, chemicals for PH control, etc?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.