New Pool and THANKFUL for Autopilot and Poolsean

lsbarkley

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2007
New Jersey
Just installed a new fiberglass pool in NJ and now learning how to setup and maintain a pool as a first time pool owner. I have a 14 x 32 freeform with approx 10k-11k gals. I have a Hayward 1.5hp superpump and sand filter, Autopilot Dig 48 SWG and Heat Siphone 3.25 Heat Pump. I purchased the Autopilot on what forums users on the net seems to like and for the info Poolsean shared. In setting up the pool I made the error of not balancing the pool prior to adding salt. Secondly was told my pool was approx 13K gal so overshot the amount of salt necessary. Now I was in trouble. I was able to speak with Autopilots poolsean and he delivered amazing customer service. I am currently following his advice to get me back on the right track. Being a first time pool owner is a big learning curve but poolsean and others in these forums sure help to simplify the process. Its a good feeling to know we can go to places like this forum and help each other with what has worked and what hasnt. Make sure you balance your pool prior to running your SWG. Also if your not sure of your pool gallons scale back your salt input...you can always add more. Thanks poolsean and to the others here and look forward to sharing any information that I learn here on TFP.

Poolsean said:
awe shucks... :oops:
Just trying to help where I can.
Thanks for selecting Pool Pilot.
:-D

I'll bet the time Sean spends on the boards helping people doesn't cost his company as much as one ad in a pool magazine. Better results I'd bet. Every product has problems, but the companies that actually care whether their customers are happy after they buy the product are the ones people want to deal with. :goodjob:

hi isbarkley and welcome
I also have a fiberglass pool 13*33 holds 10,000 gal the manufacture told me 10,000 gal was the fill for my pool you need to subtract the coping size( in my case it was 4" all the way around the pool which would make 8" so my pool would be 12'4" * 32'4". The center of my skimmer is 6" below the top of the shell so I had to subtract those gallons which was a lot of water. I brought this up because you said you over shot with your salt. This was my pool and dont know if yours is this way or not Just a thought. I would guess all fiberglass pool are figured this way but maybe not. Looks like we have the same heater also my heat pump works excelente for the size of my pool and only a 3/4 pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.