pentaire two speed noise on HIGH

jsteggy

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 15, 2011
Southern California
I have a new pool and the two speed pump is very loud in the high speed mode. Much louder than the single speed booster pump. Several people have mentioned the pump noise. I've called my builder and they've contacted Pentaire. Supposedly the Pentaire warranty person is coming by to look at the pump. The pump is very quiet in low speed mode. This is a whisperflow 2 speed 1 hp pump.

How loud is too loud?

What should I expect from them? I'm not expecting the company rep to swap out the pump, tell the builder to do that.

Thanks
Joe

It is difficult to talk about noise levels in text. A 1 HP pump running at high speed can be too loud to talk over easily when you are standing right next to it, but it shouldn't be as loud as say a leaf blower at the same distance, where even yelling is difficult to do over the sound.

The volume level is partly the pump and partly the way it was installed. Putting a rubber mat under the pump helps, as does using flexible pipe (which doesn't transmit the vibration as well as rigid). Bushes or sheds also help contain the sound.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.