New Construction in MD - with Pictures

Jun 4, 2011
We are in progress with a gunite - 18x38 with 8x7 play area. Everything is MOVING. We are only 2 1/2 weeks in -- and we are done with tile and coping; ready for the pavers.

The digging begins!!!

[attachment=2:28k9ail6]Pool_1.JPG[/attachment:28k9ail6]

Next -- the plumbing and steel

[attachment=0:28k9ail6]Pool_steel.JPG[/attachment:28k9ail6]
[attachment=1:28k9ail6]Pool - steel2.JPG[/attachment:28k9ail6]

Attachments

• Pool_1.JPG
    Pool_1.JPG
    444.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Pool - steel2.JPG
    Pool - steel2.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Pool_steel.JPG
    Pool_steel.JPG
    430.9 KB · Views: 146
Next -- the gunite! That was amazing.... I never understood what people meant by gunite as an "art" -- UNTIL I WATCHED THEM. WOW! Incredible!!! I didn't realize they actually SHAVED the walls and formed the steps. It was incredible. They live by a level....every step and constantly measuring. I guess the old rule applies -- measure twice and cut once. :)

I was soooo glad i was home for this piece. We ended up changing a few things on the fly. Had we been gone, we wouldn't have ended up with a nice few touches. That was great!

[attachment=2:1rueda4b]Pool_Gunite_1.JPG[/attachment:1rueda4b]

[attachment=1:1rueda4b]Pool_Gunite_2.JPG[/attachment:1rueda4b]

[attachment=0:1rueda4b]Pool_Gunite_3.JPG[/attachment:1rueda4b]

Attachments

• Pool_Gunite_1.JPG
    Pool_Gunite_1.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Pool_Gunite_2.JPG
    Pool_Gunite_2.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Pool_Gunite_3.JPG
    Pool_Gunite_3.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 139
After a week of watering the pool -- we were ready for the electric.

Thanks for all the great recommendations with electric. I had the electrician add an outlet for future landscape lighting -- and move the location of the switch for the pool lights. MUCH BETTER!

Inspection on electric was today. Another pass (PB is doing great!!). Clearly not their first rodeo. :lol:

Tile and coping came today as well. I don't have a great picture -- but will get one posted up within the next few days when I can get a better picture.

[attachment=0:2q2h6z8d]Pool - tile and coping.JPG[/attachment:2q2h6z8d]

Attachments

• Pool - tile and coping.JPG
    Pool - tile and coping.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 138
I'll continue posting -- paving is next. We have 1200 sq. ft. of paving plus 100 ft. of 18" retaining wall. They are estimating 3-4 days. Is that possible???? SOOOO much work. BUT -- these guys are AMAZING. Really moving right along -- and everything is PERFECT. Perfect cuts -- perfectly straight (even the electrician)!!!

I am so stupidly excited -- I can't stand it!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.