About to decide on SWG - Is Pentair IntelliChlor any good?

tnthudson

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2008
Central VA
Hello again!
I am opening our pool this weekend, converting from Baquacil to Chlorine...But I think I'm going to go with a SWG within the next month, they sound great and I'm hoping it will help with some Chlorine sensitivity that my son & I have had in the past.
Anyway, does anyone have any feedback on Pentair's IntelliChlor system? My local pool guy is a family friend, and I do think he treats us right, and I do NOT feel comfortable with plumbing or electrical (although I do alot of other DIY stuff), and he installs the IntelliChlor systems.
Any good/bad news out of these?
Thanks for any help.

It's a decent system. Not that familiar with it (don't sell that brand) but i haven't heard too many bad things about them and Pentair is a decent company.

Thanks for the info.
I was told by the sales guy there that there are reports of the salt possibly corroding the mounts that the pool rail and ladder fit into; he also said some people think the salt corrodes concrete...but that we could, of course, spray these all down with water.
Has anyone heard of the salt corroding/breaking down these mounts or concrete?

Great, I think that's the one I'm getting, if I go for it (16,800 gal. pool); thanks for the good word, that's great to hear...and I did read a thread here that got into the grades of SS; I knew some about it from the business I'm in (stove pipe that fits on our stoves)...thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.