Configuration of Suntouch/Intelliflo VS

May 1, 2012
I just replaced my old single speed pump setup with a Suntouch and Intelliflo. I have 2 actuators, one for the solar flow and one for the pool sweep (Polaris 360).

Pool Equipment:
Intelliflow VS
Solar system with actuator
Polaris 360 with actuator
SunTouch

My SunTouch settings:

pool/spa mode
shared equipment

PUMP
Intelliflow VS
LOW 1000 rpm
SOLAR 1900 rpm
AUX1 2250 rpm (I believe this is the wrong assignment for this, as AUX1 is for my cleaner)

SCHEDULE
5am-3pm LOW
5am-7am AUX1

Clock is set
Circuit function set to POOL

It doesn't even come on. My actuators are linked in the Suntouch to Valve Actuator B (Return) and C (Solar). The Intelliflo (connected with the comm cable) shows the time I set on the Suntouch, and shows "Running Schedule", but it is not firing up. My Solar actuator seems to work, as it turns from off to on when I set it up in the menu, but the pump doesn't even turn on. I cannot get the Actuator B to work when I test, but that's probably because it is assigned incorrectly from looking at the schematic.

How I believe and would like it to work....pump comes on at 5am at 2250 rpm, actuators turn appropriately so water is diverted only to sweep and return line from 5-7am. I'm fairly sure solar will not come on during this time, and from my understanding there is no way to schedule a time block for when Solar is not allowed. At 7am, the actuator to the cleaner will turn off, and the pump will go into low speed (1000rpm) until the solar actuator turns on, at which point the pump will rev up to 1900 rpm until it turns off, at which point the pump will go back to 1000 rpm (repeating cycle until 3pm, when everything shuts off). It's my understanding that there is no way to use the prime pump feature whenever the solar turns on as well, correct?

I reviewed the information in this thread as it's quite similar, but it didn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated...I'm out there in the pollen laden air trying to get this thing to work through burning eyes and it's getting frustrating. Thanks!

EDIT: The pump does work with no problems when used standalone without the Suntouch, as do the actuators.

OK...I checked those two and Service Mode = Auto

I didn't have a pump speed choice for "Pool", it just gave me "LOW" and "HIGH" options, but looking at the setup, I had it as single body when I swore I set it at shared equipment. So I switched it back to shared equipment and it changed to "POOL". Pump still shows "Running Schedule" but doesn't turn on (it's well before the 3pm shutoff time).

PUMP
Intelliflow VS
POOL 1000 rpm
SOLAR 1900 rpm
SPA 2250 rpm (for my Polaris)

SCHEDULE
5am-3pm POOL
5am-7am SPA

Sweep Actuator connected to Return Valve (Valve B)
Solar Actuator connected to Solar Valve (Valve C)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.