Solar Rings

exbcmc

May 1, 2012
Arcadia, Ca
hello all. New member here. Pool owner for 34 yrs, just had the 'ol girl remodeled. Salt system, two stage motor, swim island, water height detector, LED light, new deck, as well as enlarging it, all new plumbing etc. Ouch.

My question is, we live in So Calif, pool gets to at least 86 in the summer. What are your opinions of the solar rings? I've used the blanket in the past and yuck, when they get old, what a mess. Most likely tried to get EXTRA years out of them. :-D

In advance, thank you. If I had the guts, I'd try to maintain this salt system myself, but it sure seems complicated. Do certified pool people get special training on these things?

The solar rings don't work very well. They tend to get blown into one end of the pool and at that point you might as well not have anything. I'd stick with a blanket and a good reel.

You should try and maintain the pool yourself. You've found the right place to help you with any questions you may have. It's really easy to maintain it. A good test kit and a salt test (strips or drop based) is all you need. You can learn the in's and out's of the system by reading right here.

Bama Rambler said:
The solar rings don't work very well. They tend to get blown into one end of the pool and at that point you might as well not have anything. I'd stick with a blanket and a good reel.

You should try and maintain the pool yourself. You've found the right place to help you with any questions you may have. It's really easy to maintain it. A good test kit and a salt test (strips or drop based) is all you need. You can learn the in's and out's of the system by reading right here.
Thank you very much. We've so much money invested, I'm a tad hinky.

Another way to consider that is, because you have so much invested in it, you should arm yourself with enough knowledge to know if they are doing a good job caring for your pool......many do not.

...not sure exactly what "hinky" means, but... :)

On this site we have seen so many pools screwed up by pool services that I will tell everyone til the day I die to maintain your own pool. You can do it better and cheaper yourself, and there's no magic to it! All you need is a good test kit and a few minutes a week.

Melt In The Sun said:
...not sure exactly what "hinky" means, but... :)

On this site we have seen so many pools screwed up by pool services that I will tell everyone til the day I die to maintain your own pool. You can do it better and cheaper yourself, and there's no magic to it! All you need is a good test kit and a few minutes a week.
I just might do that. I did it for 25 yrs and got old, I guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.