Over 30,000 members!

I have/do run/admin/moderated dozens of forums, from brand new ones with 3 users, to established ones with 10,000+...and I really must say...

You lot do a FANTASTIC job of keeping this place spam/trash free, keeping the wharrgarbl to a minimum, and keeping everything flowing smoothly.

Kudos to the entire admin/mod staff, and congrats!

Thank you! Very nice words. Jason has slipped little (but effective) shock collars on all the Moderators and, if they don't keep up wi :mrgreen: :mrgreen: th the spammers, etc., he is capable of sending an appropriate dose from his intellitouch and, man, do they stay busy for a while!!

duraleigh said:
Jason has slipped little (but effective) shock collars on all the Moderators and, if they don't keep up wi :mrgreen: :mrgreen: th the spammers, etc., he is capable of sending an appropriate dose from his intellitouch and, man, do they stay busy for a while!!
hahaha!

Congrats to Dave, Jason, and everyone that makes TFP such an awesome place!

duraleigh said:
..... Jason has slipped little (but effective) shock collars on all the Moderators and, if they don't keep up wi :mrgreen: :mrgreen: th the spammers, etc., he is capable of sending an appropriate dose from his intellitouch and, man, do they stay busy for a while!!
What? Zappers? :whip: :whip: .....I used to look like this :shock: , but now I look like this! :cyclopsani:

Having belong to many other forums, I'm glad that the pressure to be bought out is not taken over! Most sites with this many members are seen by BIG business as targets for investment, and unfortunately the greed takes over and the sites are sold! The members and Mods. should be proud! The speed at which help is doled out on here is incredible! After being helped, the cost savings over the "POOL STORE" ways should be enough for everyone to give a $30 donation! I would like to thank Jason and the Mods for running and keeping a professional forum going and not caving in to the man! People if your not a supporter I think the next move should be to become one! I think we all have saved ourselves $30 (at least) the least we could do is help pay for the ability to save another $30!

Melt In The Sun said:
gboulton said:
wharrgarbl
interesting turn of phrase...I like it! ...bzzztt...OUCH :rant:

Can't take credit for it...

135891.jpg

But man do I love the concept :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
nutjob said:
This is my new favorite word.

Indeed. It's been a regular part of my daily lexicon for quite a while now...it's just so appropriate, and so perfectly conjures up the sentiment being expressed.

1. The caption of a popular "loldog" (dog version of lolcat) showing a dog attempting to drink from a lawn sprinkler. Word refers to the sound the dog presumably is making as it angrily (and pointlessly) attempts to subdue the water stream.

2. A one-word stand-in for any angry, incoherent, pointless reaction, comment, or attack. In online forums, the loldog referenced in (1) is often used to make the point that someone's position is incoherent, illogical, and or pointless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.