INTEX 2650 SWG/Filter Combo VS 2650 Filter with detached SWG

Apr 25, 2012
Hi Everyone,
I have the Intex 26x52, and was wanting to know if there is any difference with running the
INTEX 2650 GPH Saltwater System & Sand Filter Combo VS running the 2650 Filter with a detached SWG. Also planning to hard pipe, so that's 1 pro. Thanks

Re: INTEX 2650 SWG/Filter Combo VS 2650 Filter with detached

Troy, I'm don't have an answer for you (sorry) but I do have a question. You have the setup that I and my husband are planning on getting within the next couple of weeks. Would you please tell me, how do you like the size of the pool? We are trying to figure out if it would actually be too large. I'm thinking it'd be good for exercise and family fun. It's not really a lap pool but I figure it'd be big enough to swim without getting dizzy by going in circles.
Do you maybe have pictures you would share that would give a feel for size comparisons. I'd be ever so grateful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, I'm just getting started with a pool but, when I asked a similar question, Jason responded that seperate would be better. In case one or the other dies it'd be easier to replace. I am paraphrasing so do ask the experts.

Welcome to tfp, TroyTate :wave:

Seems like Taterfink stole my thunder...My thoughts would be that it is very unlikely that both would fail at the same time, so keeping them separate would allow you to just replace one.

Looking on the intex site, it appears the the swg cell alone (which is just part of the swg) is available to replace for $103 dollars That would only be good if just the cell is what fails. If the swg power supply fails, it looks like that is combined with the pump/moter and intex does not show that as being order-able on their website.

@Taterfink - I haven't set it up yet. Building a deck and still killing grass. As soon as I get it set up I will post. I can tell you, "It's Huge!"

I didn't think about having to replace one if it breaks. That's an excellent point to consider. Thank you.

Well, here's lookin forward to seeing it. Wish it was just kill the grass here. I have this huge tree where I want my pool. I'll go get the pool permit this week then call the tree guy. I suppose I'll have to fill the void left by the roots and rent a compacter so as to get the ground firm again b4 setting up our pool.

In the mean time I live vicariously thru the members here that post pictures of their pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.