Wife and myself first time pool install pic heavy

Jul 14, 2011
My wife and i were able to buy our first pool other then a intex we had for the past 2 years. this was our neighbors pool they bought back in july and suddley were transferd out so they sold it to us at a great price. we were also able to build a 18x24 deck with the money we saved buying this used pool instead a new one. then we did all the work ourselves everything from taking the pool down putting it up and i built the deck on my vacation by myself as well. only help i had was my cousin stopped by to help dig the trench for my electrical to the deck and pool. other then tat we have a few things left to do and we are ready fo summer.

Here we had to dig down 18" on one side and 12" on the other side to get past all the rocks and glass in the top layers of soil. for some reason when they built this place up years ago they used the worst top soil to do it.

074.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

we went with the pool pad and cove i really like the feel and look to this.

004.jpg

005.jpg

they make it look so easy on youtube to get at all the wrinkles, she did a great job left so in there but hey who cares good job baby.

006.jpg

when they dropped this load off i just wanted to go back inside and cry man this was a ton of lumber.

009.jpg

money well spent renting this, what a back saver

007.jpg

010.jpg

added a few extra support post then what the plans called for just to be safe.

012.jpg

053.jpg

055.jpg

she did all the work i didnt want to and she did a great job as well thanks babe.

062.jpg

061.jpg

065.jpg

067.jpg

yes baby were done for the night and looks like miller time.

064.jpg

frame work for pool slide still not done on this so more pics to come with it. one thing for sure i built it super strong and bulted down to the deck.

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

075.jpg

i will be snaking a hose up threw the deck and to the top with a mister head and a shut off valve on it. this way they will have a clean slick ride on the way down. also will be close in the bottom of the stand and use for storage for all the raft and other things that are normally left all over the deck.

1238.jpg

071.jpg

Just had surgery on my leg this week so more pics to come on the finsihing touches hopefully will be done next week.

Re: Wife and myself first time pool install just the 2 of us

blakej said:
WOW! Excellent job! How long did the project take?
a week for the yard work and then a week for the deck. could have done it faster but did not want to pay anyone to use a tractor. i enjoy doing everything i know i can do by had from the ground up.

march2012 said:
my wife and I would have been divorced if we tried a project like that.. great job!
lol to be honest show her how once and shes on it just like having a guy around when it comes to work and i get a even larger bonus when she wears her 2 peice lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.