bsimo57

Apr 25, 2012
Rochester, IN
Hello all. I am a first time pool owner. 15'x30'x4' ag. It just got installed last Wed. As of this morning it is full to the proper depth. I am waiting for the electrician to install a recep for the pump. Is there anything I should do so that the water doesn't get to out of hand while the pump isn't running? And then once the pump is running and I have checked the readings (also ordered a good test kid that was recommended on this site) what do I do? Punch the numbers into the pool calculator and go from there? Oh, this pool also includes a Zodiac Vision Pro sanitizer. Not exactly sure what that does.
Thanks

:wave: Hello and welcome to TFP!

How long will it be until your pump is running?

Good to hear you ordered a good kit. Once you get it, test your water and post your results..and we can help guide you through the process.

In the meantime, make sure to read Pool School...then read it again. This will actually save you time in the long run!

Hmmm. What are your temperatures like right now? Algae grows easier/faster in warmer weather.

My guess is pouring some liquid chlorine in the pool (as spread out as you can) would be a safe bet. Ideally, you want the pump circulating them chemicals, but I think you will be okay until Thursday. Anyone else have any ideas/suggestions?

Just add that brushing the pool can mix the chlorine in if you add some prior to the pump running.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

bsimo57 said:
It's cloudy and been in the 70's here for the last few days. I attempted to circulate the water using a sump pump with the hose pumping the water to the other end of the pool. So far it doesn't seem to be getting to out of hand.
Good idea on the sump pump! With FC in there, and at least some circulation..you will be just fine!