Timer replacement

Mar 30, 2012
I have an old "inoperative" Intermatic dual pole timer (T104P201) which I only use to turn the pump on/off manually. The heater is an old oil heater which is being removed...I just purchased a solar cover. I'm having a hard time determining an appropriate replacement timer since I only need the single pole now (no heater protection required). Also curious about any tips in installing...

Thanks in advance...

Gil

I would assume that your pump is a 220 volt pump based on the size of your pool in your signature. If it is a 220 volt pump, you need a dual pole timer to break both sides of the 220 when you turn off the pump. The part # you listed above is a 220 V, 2 pole timer but it has an auxillary switch to operate the heater. You can buy a 220 volt timer (2 pole) without that switch for less dollars or you might even be able to replace the clock mechanism in that old timer (depending on the age).
If you plan on throwing away the old timer, I'll take it off your hands for the cost of shipping + $5. Sometimes I can fix these and sometimes not, but I am a tinkerer. PM me if you plan on getting rid of it.

What's wrong with the old timer? If it's the clock you can replace it and not have to buy a new timer.

If you have to have a new timer go with the T104 timer. Since you have a 230 volt pump you need to stay with the double pole timer.

We all had the same ideas. :blah:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.