Cloudy Water

tlwilson

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 15, 2010
Nebraska
When we opened 3 weeks ago, the water was crystal clear. After the winter and being closed for 6 months, I somehow didn't have a swamp. Opening was effortless. Now the water is very, very cloudy. There is no color to it, just cloudy. Since we have a Nature 2, I have been keeping the FC right around .8 to 1.0. On Saturday evening, I noticed it was getting a little cloudy and threw in a gallon of 6% clorox, which brought FC to 1.4. It was rainy and cold all day and the pool got cloudier and cloudier. Since I have read that cloudy water warrants a shock treatment, I did so last evening and now the water is even cloudier. Is the higher chlorine combined with the Nature 2 causing the cloudy water? What should I do?
FC 2.2
CC <.2
pH 7.6
Alk 125
CH 290
CYA 40-50

To be to the point, you are not keeping NEARLY enough chlorine in the pool and you did not shock the pool.

Pool School will tell you how to shock and then you need to get your chlorine up to a reasonable level (re4ad Pool School again) and disregard your nature 2 which is not helping you.

In resolving similar issue on family pools, we normally set our variable speed pumps to a very low speed (IntelliFlow VF to 85-90Watts power use) and set it to run 24 hours/day. That combined with full chemistry balance to ideal values & daily filter cleaning for the first couple days has always resolved item.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.