ground prep for new pool- questions

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
Hi everyone!

I have some questions about making sure the ground is prepared properly before we get our new pool installed. I belive they will be using sand and also treating for 'nutgrss" I have a profound fear of this stuff,lol since I have read so many horror stories about it growing right through the liner!

I know the doughbough dealer said that they use a foam base(sand washes away) AFTER treating for the nutgrass. The dealer where we are getting our pool through (Griffin Pools and Spas) said the foam base is not good because of fungus/mildew issues.

Now I don't want no darn nutgrass! Not sure if we have any in our yard or not, we have centipeid grass is all I know, but being the south I am sure we got it. I just don't want it growing through my pool!

So I was thinking about when they do come out to set up the pool about laying either some 20 yr weed blocker and/or some visqueen plastic liner, then go with the sand base.

Any thoughts or suggestions? what is best?

TYIA

Hello, I am in SC and we just had a 15 x 26 AGP installed. They put down Zap's (spelling?) on the sand during installation. I can not comment on the sand versus foam. Good luck and submit a picture when install is complete. Later, Calvin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.