Just two pools! (and a duck)

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
Here's a couple of pools I had the pleasure of visiting and photographing last month. Of course I spent more time in the first one, then the second one, as it was the adult only pool on board the Disney Dream cruise ship. :cool:

adultpool800.jpg

mickeypool800.jpg

I guess a water coaster kinda qualifies as a pool, since the original plan was to put in a lazy river. The imagineers realized they could raise it up and make a water ride instead! It's called, "The Aquaduck" So much fun!

aquaduck.jpg

All three pools were freshwater and heated! (edit- Make that four pools, I forgot the teen-only pool -end edit) The Aquaduck is also freshwater, but not heated that I could tell... I hear most other cruise-lines use seawater. I don't know if that's true or not.

There's also a couple of infinity hot-tubs that hang over the side of the ship and have a plexiglass window in the bottom so you can see down through it. I have some pictures of those somewhere too.

I was up at 5am every morning. Doesn't matter what time I go to sleep, that's when I get up. So while the rest of the ship was dead asleep, I had the whole ship to myself, well, if you don't count the Captain who was also wandering around the ship at that time.

That's the only public pool I've never had a problem getting into. I didn't need my test kit, it was perfect! Well, I'd had issues around 1 or 2 in the afternoon when the family pools had a bazillion kids in it. LOL

It's amazing the amount of cleaning they do on that ship when everyone's asleep! I'll hunt down the other pictures I took of the other water features on board and post 'em later.

If you're thinking of taking a cruise, I'd highly recommend Disney. Even if you don't have kids! There's adult only sections where you'll never even see a kid. Nobody does it like Disney. (Oh, but it costs WAY more than anybody else. Totally worth it though.) We compare our pictures and videos with my in-laws pictures and videos from their carnival cruises and have decided the cruises they go on are for old decrepit people. :mrgreen: Looks totally boring...

Ohhh! Wait, I have a site somewhere... Found it! http://disneyship.shutterfly.com These are all the pictures I took from our vacation if you're bored.

Just glancing through the pictures (gonna have to forward the link to my wife ... although then she will REALLY want to go) ... and saw the Geocaching page ... nice!!! My girls (2 & 4) love to do that with me as well ... we are TheBlizzles

Ok, I have to leave work. Wait, I'm supposed to be working? Anyway... Here's the video of the ride through the Aquaduck. Sorry, didn't have a steadicam with me, so it's a little shaky. Plus the lady at the end of the ride yelled at me for having the camera, while the guy at the beginning just smiled and said, "Here we go!"

---edit---

oops, forgot the video!

http://youtu.be/P3SWl4-rcYY

Melt In The Sun said:
yeah, please post pics of the hottubs!

I've been on royal caribbean and carnival and both had seawater pools.

Ewww! That's the same water they use for the toilets!! :shock:

Speaking of saltwater... I haven't been to the ocean in 15 years or so, and we went snorkeling, with rental snorkels (this is an important detail) at Castaway Cay. I totally forgot about the salt content of the ocean. I also forgot rental snorkels don't have flaps to stop the water from entering when you dive under... Well, you can put two and two together... I thought I was going to die when I inhaled all that saltwater!

...anywho, lemme go find those pics of the hottub!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, can you believe over 1200 pictures and I didn't take one of the hot tub? I only took pictures while in the hot tub! Sorry...

The first one, the water is a little low, but it was in the afternoon. The second one is underwater looking down 90 or so feet to the ocean.

The hot tubs are nothing special, just stainless steel rectangles.

Enjoy!

spa1.jpg

spa2.jpg

jblizzle said:
Just glancing through the pictures (gonna have to forward the link to my wife ... although then she will REALLY want to go) ... and saw the Geocaching page ... nice!!! My girls (2 & 4) love to do that with me as well ... we are TheBlizzles

We're TheBenfields. There's actually a geocache on Disney's Private Island, maintained by the cast members, but we couldn't find it!! GRRRR!!! Next time we're taking a very expensive GPS, not just our phones. LOL

...almost forgot the Toddler's Splash pad!

It's called Nemo's reef, and this is just 1/3 of the whole thing. I didn't get any pictures of it while it was open and running, as I would've felt all wrong if I went up to it taking all kinds of pictures with other peoples children running around. :shock:

nemosreef.jpg

Dang it man... We took the kids On the Disney Magic a few years back, but my wife just saw these pics and is now saying we need to go on the Dream... We love Disney, but you are right in that you hemorrhage money each trip.

I think the next cruise will have to wait until after our Disney Adventure trip to Jackson Hole / Grand Tetons / Yellowstone in Aug.

All the pools close at eleven. Or one. Maybe it was three. I forget, but they do close. Then the crew shows up in full force and goes nuts with the cleaning! Then they open back up at seven, or nine... ten? I forget... :mrgreen:

Pure Disney Magic.

[attachment=0:11rsobdx]Tinkerbell.jpg[/attachment:11rsobdx]

Attachments

• Tinkerbell.jpg
    Tinkerbell.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 912
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.