Pool replaster, Burbank CA

Jimk

May 17, 2010
So after much procrastination I took the plunge and have started the resurface of the pool. The is currently a standard gunite/plaster finish and I am having it redone with a quartz, midnight blue.

I have done this @ss backward as I already had the yard resurfaced so I hope my builder is very careful !

Started to empty the pool today, demo starts tomorrow !

Attachments

• pool1.JPG
    pool1.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 241
  • pool2.JPG
    pool2.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 241
  • pool3.JPG
    pool3.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 241
The kids had a great time playing in the pool while it was getting emptied..

The demo was done yesterday. The crew of four did a good job, worked their socks off and were gone by about 6:00pm. They cleaned up good and didn't damage any of the pavers as far as I can tell. It rained slightly during the night so I don't know if anything will be happening today.

Attachments

• demo1.jpg
    demo1.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 189
  • demo2.jpg
    demo2.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 188
Not much happened after the demo until this week. The coping was delivered and is being cut and placed.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 143
  • pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 143
Jimk said:
Aesthetic. I never really liked the existing coping or the tile that went round the pool so I am replacing both.

we just had the diamondbrite quartz midnight blue installed. The installers did a mediocre job. You should read the install guide on the diamondbrite site and then confirm which method your installers will use. Also ask them about the pool startup to see if they really know what they are talking about.

My guys used the water washing and did a pretty poor job so I have cream splotches all over. They also left pools of water which turned out to leave rings that wont seem to go away. There are areas where they didnt completely smooth out the plaster and one very tiny area where I think the gunite is showing.

PB says it will go away over time, but Im skeptical

march2012 said:
we just had the diamondbrite quartz midnight blue installed. The installers did a mediocre job. You should read the install guide on the diamondbrite site and then confirm which method your installers will use. Also ask them about the pool startup to see if they really know what they are talking about.

That's what I am having installed too, Midnight Blue but by NPT (Quartzscapes). I was going to ask about the start up on here, so what's involved with the start up ? Is that something I can do myself ? I'll check with the PB about the install, cheers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.