Cartridge needs replacement, benefits to all new filter?

kriv

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Doing my spring DE filter cleaning and noticed holes in the mesh of the filter cartridge and broken pieces of plastic in there. My filter is 10-15 years old, when I moved in 4 years ago I couldn't read the specifics of the filter because they have long since become unreadable.

Are new filters much better that it would be worth replacing the entire filter?

Do you have one of the stainless steel filter bodies? As long as there are no holes or corrosion you can refurbish a filter with new grids and o-rings and you will have a filter that works as well as a brand new model. The question is whether or not the filter is large enough for your pool and are you looking for a lower maintainence filter?

zea3 said:
Do you have one of the stainless steel filter bodies? As long as there are no holes or corrosion you can refurbish a filter with new grids and o-rings and you will have a filter that works as well as a brand new model. The question is whether or not the filter is large enough for your pool and are you looking for a lower maintainence filter?

Thanks Zea3.

Yup it is one of the stainless ones.

As far as I know, it is big enough. I don't mind the backwashing and such so I guess I will look for new grids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.