Installer walked

BigEyesLittleWallet

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 17, 2010
Metamora IL
I have a 4 inch tear in the bottom of my agp. The sand has washing out from under the tear about a foot or two around it.

After missing multiple appointment the company that installed the pool now says they are 1.5-2 months before they can get to the pool.

This is an overlap liner.

Is this something I could just take care of myself? Is it as simple as:
0. Drain the pool
1. Removing the top of the pool in the vicinity of the tear (its away a foot away from the wall)
2. Remove the clamping system in the vicinity of the tear.
3. Install Patch on top and bottom of tear.
4. Add more sand to replace the washed out area.
5. Reclamp liner

If so:
1. How much should I remove for bullets 1&2
2. How hard is it to do #5. When I remove the clamp will the liner shrink up and have to be re-stretched?

Just soooo sick of dealing with contractors that do not show up when they say they will.
Thanks for listening,
Roger

The pool could be patched underwater, but since you need to repair the bottom this is what I would do.
Patch the hole with a 6 inch diameter patch and then another 8 inch diameter patch on top of that one. Give it a couple of days to set well then drain the pool so you can pull back the portion of the liner over the hole and repair the washed out area. As long as the tear is not next to the skimmer or returns you should be able to put the liner back in place without difficulty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.