Hello everyone!

FC = 10
CC = 0
pH = 7.5
CYA = 55
TA = 90
CH = 260
temp = 72F

The above test results are from my own testing but I had the pool water tested by the pool store (just to see what they say) and came up with phosphates to be 100ppb. Their test for other parameters agreed with my testing except, they said CYA was 50.

I am about to add borax as soon as FC goes below 10. Should I add phosphate neutralizer also or will borax be enough combined with proper levels of FC to keep algae in check?

Also what is the significance of TDS in the water?

Thanks!

With properly chlorinated water, phosphates are of no concern. There are people here on TFP who have phosphate levels 20 times what you have and they have no problems.

Why are you adding borax? Are you having trouble keeping your pH in check?

Thanks!

Yes, I have pH always drifting to the high side and also I have heard so much about the benefits of borates... so I am going true BBB!

JasonLion said:
If you let the TA come down further, say to between 60 and 70, you should have a lot less trouble with the PH constantly going up.

What Jason is saying is worth trying. Moving the TA after adding borates is hard to do.

Whoops!

Already added borax yesterday... Today the TA has risen to 100 from 90.

FC 7
CC 0
CYA 55
CH 260
TA 100
Bor 40 Waiting for 48 hours for exact test
temp 76F

I am slowing down the spillway on the spa to see if that might be contributing to the rise in pH.

Also, I was holding FC around 8-9 before adding borates. Can I lower the FC to like 6 now that borates are in? Pool calculator says FC 4-9 or is this a question which can only be answered by experimentation?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.