Upcoming pool owner in NC

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
Hello,

We have been moving further south over the years: Moved from the Pocono Mountains in PA to Southern PA in 1996, and moved to North Carolina a few years ago. So, we have been extending our available pool season with each move. :)

We have just begun the process of putting in a pool here in Newton, NC. It will be a fiberglass pool with cascading spa. We are somewhat constrained in terms of the size and location of pool due to septic drainage field and required repair area, buried electric cable, and buried drain pipes. The future location of pool is on a slope; so, we will need to have some grading, tiering, and retaining wall(s). We have selected our installer (partly based on recommendations I found online, including this forum). We had our initial meeting this week and will meet with his team next week to "finalize" things enough that they can prepare a proposal.

As a first-time pool owner, I will be asking a ton of questions. Hopefully, after I get some experience under my belt, I will be able to contribute some answers to future new members.

The adventure has just begun......

Vince

Hey, Vince,

Welcome to the forum. :lol: I am proud to say I don't think you can find a frindlier, more helpful site on the net for residential pool owners. There are literally thousands of us here and willing to help with all the questions you may have.

BTW, welcome to North Carolina, too. :lol: