Decking Question

TK13LG

Mar 19, 2012
We are debating between slate stamped decking or a salt rock finish. The added cost is $5/sq ft. with 302 of decking and 15 sq ft of side walk tying into our patio. My husband feels the cost is too high. I personally think it's a far price.

My husband is leaning to the salt rock finish but I worry about the salt from the splash out (SWG pool) will get into those divits and break down the concrete even faster than normal.

Anyone have a SWG pool and a salt rock finish decking?

I can't speak to the price of stamped concrete. We paid $4/ft for all the concrete above our allowance. A salt coating was less than $1 more per foot. They literally just broadcast rock-salt over the the semi-set concrete and trowel it smooth. This might be one of those cases where you haggle with your builder for a better deal. :whip:

i have just started planning the remodel of a sunken cracked painted 25 year old concrete pool deck in the northeast and am trying to decide between stamped concrete and pavers and had the following concerns,
plumbing accessibility (skimmer line collapsed and cant decide if i should replace whole skimmer or just plumbing)
freeze/cracking of concrete,
strength of elephant cover if fastened to pavers,
fading/wear of stamped vs pavers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.