installing 1hp sand filter,pump

Apr 27, 2012
Ok...I used this sand filter last year..but I've lost the directions... I've had to disconnect the 1hp sand filter,pump combo to get it repaired...and now I'm re attaching it to my 17,000 gallon pool.... I can't remember what to do...can anyone help me? I have it attached and running now..but I think it may be wrong...
Also...the hose going from the pump to the filter is leaking and I can't get it to stop..I'm wondering if this may be affecting the pressure in the pump. I don't want to damage this thing..please help!!!

27 ft AG pool. 17,000 gallons, 1hp sand filter/pump combo...generic "roaring river" brand

It seems that the clear part is not completely filled up with water and there is air being pulled thru the filter... I'm not sure if this is ok...also..if you see the close up in the pic of the white tubing is where the leak is.. I've used plummers tape...and re tightened it several times...
Also..my liner has some wrinkels in it and I'm wanting to buy a vacume..wil the wrikles affect the automatic vacumes..maybe causing the vacume to get stuck?
Thanks...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.