DE and cartridge filter

Apr 4, 2010
Wow I can't believe I'll be in the pool soon.Question I have a cartridge filter pro clean I use BBB and the pool is great sanitary and clear 18x36 but if I can make it more clear I would like to.I read some where that you could add DE to a cartridge filter for even smaller particle clean has anyone done this / How would I do better to move up to a 200 sq ft filter just wondering thanks for any response may be able to get in next week end temp near 90 I don't go in under 77 water temp LOL

More than any additives, adequate filtration and adequate chlorine will make your pool sparkle.

If you think it can be improved, you should do so by making sure you are balanced with the correct amount of chlorine, CYA, etc and then run your filter longer and clean it more often

What I found on a search:
NOTE: Most manufacturers do not recommend that Diatomaceous Earth (DE) be used with cartridge filters. DE particles can easily become trapped in the body of the media, which will shorten cartridge life. If desired, a cellulose fiber (synthetic DE) can be used in moderation as an alternative.
I wonder if this would work:
http://www.poolproducts.com/SPP/product ... ly_id=2429

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.