Pool Fence versus Pool Net

truthinadv

Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2010
Dallas, TX
Looking for some advice on making our pool safe for our new 6 month old daughter.

At first I was set on installing a mesh net fence. Then I realized that the fence would extend 2 feet around the perimeter of the pool. Unfortunately, the back yard is not very large and the pool takes up most of the yard. Adding the mesh fence would make it very tight in many places.

Then I saw a few ads for some pool nets. They seemed like a good alternative. They take up less space, do not get in the way of walking around the back yard. And are maybe aesthetically more pleasing.

Can anyone give any advice on nets versus fences...or some alternative safety solution.

Thanks

Sounds like you don't have much of a choice? With fences you just open the gate and your in! But it is an obstruction in the view of the yard. Also the crafty little one's eventually learn the ways to open them! Hopefully by then they can swim! With the mesh covers there barely seen, so the beauty of the yard can be seen! But they do require some time to put on and take off and then they have to be folded and stored somewhere until the next use. Also I assure you the little one can't take it off! I know adults who struggle getting them off! If installed correctly there is high tension on the cover and once on you can "Walk on Water", literally!! Hope that helps.

We have the following pool net... http://www.katchakid.com/pool-safety-nets.htm

It was here when we bought the house/pool. It is very simple to put on and take off and came with a reel that makes it easy to fold/unfold/store. I have no idea how much it cost but we put it on anytime we have guest. It is a great relief to not have to keep looking outside. Once the net is on, it is very difficult to take off by anyone who doesn't understand the pulley tightening system. I agree with Maxepr1, there is no way my 5 year old could take it off and he now knows how to swim anyway.

Fences seem so limiting and ugly...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.