Inheirited SWG Pool Cleanup Photojournal

Yeah, I like that idea.

Also, it occurred to me that I haven't posted a full set of test results. Here are this morning's readings:

FC 11.5
PH 7.0
TA 75
CH 75
CYA 80
Salt 3800
Borate unknown

After testing, I added bleach to shock level and borax to target PH of 7.2.

I can now see both main drains pretty clearly. It's still a little hazy in the deep end but it really is almost there. Will post another photo this evening.

My SWG is still giving me the Check Salt and Inspect Cell lights even though my salt is now well north of 3000. Kind of baffled by that one.

Almost there... no pic today... out of town for a few days. Wife is adding some bleach while I'm gone. Hopefully when I get back it will be totally clear...

:whoot:

7330547724_982694e90e.jpg

Think I'm basically done with the water cleanup process. Next up -- removing iron...

If I'm honest.... no, I haven't checked all those yet. Mainly because we don't live in the house yet, so doing the OCLT is difficult. We move in this weekend, and then I can verify that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear, but.... I would venture to say that your water clarity could still be improved quite a bit. I definitely second the suggestion of keeping your pool above shock level. Based on the appearance of the drains at the bottom of the deep end in the photo it looks as if you have a little further to go. Accurately performing the OCLT test is the only way to be sure.

RMoss said:
:whoot:

7330547724_982694e90e.jpg

Think I'm basically done with the water cleanup process. Next up -- removing iron...

Far be it from me to pass up good advice. Went ahead and shocked yesterday. Over a ~27 hr period with a good amount of sun, Chlorine went from ~20 to 11.5. CC was .5. Water looks better in person than in photo. Won't be able to do a real OCLT until Sunday, so will keep adding bleach when I can. House is 45 min away. Thanks, everyone :)

RMoss said:
Far be it from me to pass up good advice. Went ahead and shocked yesterday. Over a ~27 hr period with a good amount of sun, Chlorine went from ~20 to 11.5. CC was .5. Water looks better in person than in photo. Won't be able to do a real OCLT until Sunday, so will keep adding bleach when I can. House is 45 min away. Thanks, everyone :)

Looks good so far. Keep in mind that with a CYA of 80, you need to keep your FC above 21 ppm(according to the Pool Calculator) or 30 ppm (Chlorine/CYA chart). Starting it at shock level and letting it drop will just lengthen the process, and require more chlorine.

Waiting on some ladder bumpers to come in, but went ahead and put the other accessories on:

7388100714_b4df7dd3fb.jpg

7388103178_632bf2d4fa.jpg

7388106130_b90e862464.jpg

Oh, and... SWAM in the pool today!!! Thanks everyone SO much for your help!

:party:

barelylegible said:
The brightness of the stairs is blinding me.....

They are bright :) Unfortunately, I'm already seeing some of the iron discoloration returning :( Not sure what I did wrong to cause that. Perhaps my PH got too high or I put in too much bleach too soon...

Also, SWG still not working :( I removed some white crusty stuff from the cell but it didn't help. Guess I'll have to try the acid wash, but I'm betting a new cell is in my future. Not a huge surprise, really, but still a bummer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.