Desperate to find parts!

Apr 28, 2012
We have a huge problem. I bought an unused 18x52 Intex Ultra pool from a "sweet old man" on Craigslist last fall. He assured me that although the box had been slightly damaged that he had checked and everything was there and undamaged. Unfortunately, I think the "sweet old man" must have used the 18 horizontals and 18 vertical poles to make one of the many other pools he sold last summer complete. These poles are the same ones that make up the 16x48, 20x48, and the 24x52 pools. I am desperate to find someone with just a frame they are wanting to sell. My 13yo daughter has had her heart set on having her Birthday/pool Party at the end of May. We can not afford the $440 Intex wants for 36 poles and unfortunately, we were not gentle with Big Blueness when we took her down, or I'm sure she would have served us well for what would have been her 6th season.

Welcome to the forum. :lol: It might be pretty hard to find parts here but you never know. Do you use searchtempest.com that will search multiple craigslist locations simultaneously?

I'm in KC. Thanks for the tip about searchtempest.com. Definitely reduced the stronge urge to obsessively search out every City/Town and podunk Village within an absurd drive time. I did find a 2yo 16 x 48" pool with a yr old 1600 gph sand filter for $250. I'm making the 4hr trip tomorrow to get it and then another hr to st Louis to stay night with sis and then home. I have the exact same filter and hope to recoup some of the cost by selling uneeded parts. Also looks like I'm going to get to check "taking some deserving person to small claims" off my bucket list. Thanks again for listening and trying to help. I plan on hanging out on forum to learn how to incorporate both the new sand filter and the 2300 gph filter I had upgraded last summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.