Black/brown tinge on floor/walls?

eeece

Mar 5, 2012
Australia
Before you guys are in disgust, just be prepared... you may feel sorry for my pool by the pics :|

The pool hasn't really been looked after for years, and just got worse and worse throughout. Anyway, as you can see in the pics, there's brown stains that I've noticed have been growing lately (never there before). Also, seems black-like algae this time developing, (pool was dark green a few months ago with heavy algae).

With those big round brownish circles in the deep-end, they've always been there but now I notice (as shown in 1st pic), the brown spot leaving a brown trail. Even as I vacuum the pool, leaves end up leaving a brown mark on the floor which has never happened to me before.

Any helpful advice/tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

P1010422.jpg

P1010424.jpg

P1010425.jpg

The "brown spot leaving a brown trail" is a rebar-rust stain. The rebar (rod-iron) underneath is rusting and bleeding through and out the plaster surface.
Hard to say what everything else is. Calcium scale, copper, iron, dirt etc. attaching to the scale? Probably an acid wash would help all the staining. But the plaster is old, so not a lot of improvement.
The rebar will need to be removed and patched.

Hopefully I'll get test results by the end of the week to post. Should I get CYA acid? Is it still safe to swim in the water despite the problems going on in the pool?

Thanks guys for the replies. Much appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.