pump/filter combo

Apr 27, 2012
i have a 1hp sand pump/filter comb that is one year old. i bought it off overstock.com along with a 27 ft above ground pool and i think it is a generic "made in china" brand. I have found the name "roaring river" on the pump, but nothing on the filter. The system worked fine last year.. however, when i went to use it this year, it would not turn on. when i plug it in the pump gets very hot to touch, however, it make no noise and the filter does not run at all. Please help me!!!

Also, Ive used the starter kit baquacil...any tips would be great!

Do you mind letting me know the model number on your Roaring River pump? I have the same pump that just stopped working out of the blue. The motor is hot to touch just like yours. I am going to replace the pump but not sure of the hp. The label lists volts, hz, amps, hmas, and qmax but doesn't list hp. The company we bought the pool from did not give good paperwork so it is not listed anywhere as to what size pump I have. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: My husband was messing with the pump, took the back cover off and saw that the wires were corroded and that a bearing was rusted. He knocked off the corrosion and wd40'd the bearing. It is working for now until we can get a new pump. To the original poster, our pump was doing the same exact thing so you may want to check to maybe get it running until you get a new pump!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.