Solar pool skimmer

In my opinion, this is not necessary. If you are having issues with surface debris, I would recommend tweaking your main drain / skimmer flow rates, and adjust the direction of your return lines (if possible). Intuitively, it would seem that pointing returns upward would move the surface best..but in my experience pointing them downward provides the best circulation. But every pool is different.

As a side note, I think MOST things at Sharper Image are very fun IDEAS..but often over-priced and under-preform. I have shopped there many times in the past, and it seems like everything I buy is cool for a week or two..then just seem silly, and ends up collecting dust. :hammer:

blakej said:
As a side note, I think MOST things at Sharper Image are very fun IDEAS..but often over-priced and under-preform.

This is my opinion as well.

I had considered the Remote Controlled Skimmer for some entertainment, but after reading reviews quickly changed my mind.

Now if there was a better version of this that was more powerful with only 1 drive engine and real steering (instead of differential throttles) ... I might have to get it :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.