Sticking stickies

Jan 31, 2008
Malaysia
Hi everybody,

Thanks Sean for the great site, Mod for the great jobs done, other gurus for the invaluable advices.

What most newbies like me encounter here are, there is a big gap of knowledge (on pool matters) between the gurus and us newbies. We were asked again and again the read the stickies which we did but they are hard to stick, probably we are mostly too old to learn fast, and when they stick, they are not in order. Meaning, some of them actually make us confussed (probably due to the anxiety, panic etc). Can someone devise a way to make the basic pool knowledge easier to understand and remember? Maybe as a rhyme or like the time we just started learning ABC....singing from A to Z. Just my 2 C.

Dave, thanks for your words. That was piku's thread thus I've jumped over here. Shouldn't hijack his thread. Yeah, when I say sticking stickies, I mean sticking to our brains, not the screen I'm reading from :whip: :lol:.

Cheers.

Vincent

Unfortunately, the way The Stickies page is set up, they are added to the list in the order they are set as Stickies and changing that would require a fair bit of programming - over my head.

However, looking at the titles of the various articles / stickies should give you a pretty good idea of which ones to start with. For example, if you are wanting to know what tests you should be running on your water, you might want to start with the one titled, "What to test for and what the tests mean." If you have seen the term BBB used around the site, but want more information, you would read, "BBB or What are All these Pool Chemicals."

Hopefully, the descriptions will be enough of a guide, and of course, you can always ask for clarification here in the forums.

Besides, if the Stickies could answer all your questions, what would we do with all our free time? :lol:

Or you could just ask the Mermaid... I am not a noob, but certainly not a guru either!!

We rarely tire of answering specific questions that pool owners have, and obviously like to 'hear ourselves talk', so to speak! (or type... I'm feeling quite punny this morning!) So ask away, and we will clarify things in no time flat! (including your water HA!) (I crack myself up. I'm gonna get fired from here!! :D

Hi everybody,

Been here only 2 months but we are already typing away like old friends.... :wave: :blah: .

There's nothing wrong with the stickies Sean. They are great, IMHO, best I've seen :salut:. My biggest problems back then were the pool chemistry and pool chemicals. I really struggle then. Being absolutely raw to pool and worst still, pool chemistry, I can only see stars then. Most of what you need are available at the supermarts but not here or around. After 2 months intensive course here, I hope to pass the elementary stage soon :lol: :lol:

Another thing. This site have the best mix of members with the expert on site admin (including the mods), those on chemistry, structure, hydraulic, field experience etc and last but not least those cheerleaders (I like to call them cheerleaders) who uplift the spirit of those depressed with whatever gone wrong with their pools. They also make this site fun and so enjoyable :angel:

Vincent

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.