Fiberglass pool cracking

sidney

Apr 27, 2012
We had a fiberglass pool installed in July 2010. It has cracked in half this past winter. The installer is walking away stating it was the pool company who winterized the pools fault. I had an expert come out and survey what happened, they concluded that pool was set too low in the ground, about 18-20 inches below grade. Causing water to become trapped underneath the pool and causing it to pop from hydrostatic pressue. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Welcome to TFP!

I'm sorry you are having such dramatic problems.

I strongly suggest you get a lawyer as soon as possible. They can give you advice tailored to the local laws and the correct legal process should you need to file suit. I expect that the next step is to have the lawyer send a letter to the builder that includes the expert's report.

I have trouble imagining anything remotely plausible that could have been done during winterizing that would have caused such a dramatic failure. About the only way this could not be the builders fault is if the pool was completely drained or there was dramatic shifting of the soil in the area due to unrelated issues.

Thanks for your post. I do have an attorney and will be litigating this. The pool was not drained at all. it was closed by a proffesional pool company. Everyone I speak to believes it is an installation issue, except of course the installers

Hi. So sorry to hear of the cracking issue. We have a similar issue on a new install. Please keep us posted on your situation and feel free to send me a private message to share stories and discuss progress in your legal process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.