Charlotte NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Monarch ESC36 / ESC8000
Any suggestions on how to keep my TigerShark from getting stuck on the main drain? Had a "ring" that fell apart on year 3. I see the Smart-Ring, but wonder if anyone else makes something similar. Smart-Ring looks a bit "pricey" for what it is. All your thoughts are much appreciated!!

What type of drain cover do you currently have? A new California-compliant drain cover helps spread out the suction..and typically helps cleaners from getting stuck. You can take a look at covers by DrainSafe or AquaStar.

Blake..I really have no idea at this time. Too cold for me to get in and go look with a mask. Would that be your suggestion or just going with something like the Smart-Ring? I doubt my paperwork from the install (5 years now) would have that info, but I can look. You thinking just replace the drain cover itself??

Probally 25-30+ with a clean filter. I have two skimmers, one main, all 2" PVC. 150 gpm max running 5-10 psi to six returns.

Got the High Velosity Adaptor from Hayward and haven't had a drain stick ....yet! Will keep trying to see if it works. I know I'm loosing some volumne thru the tigershark, but looks to be covering the pool very well. Will keep you guys posted!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.