Nov 10, 2011
Austin, Texas
From this morning:

FC 18
CC .5
TA 90
CH 190
CYA 50

The construction of our pool has placed a ton of stress on a very large post oak in our backyard. To try and keep the tree alive, I hired a company to use an air spade (high pressure nozzle) to fluff up the compacted soil in the root zone nearest the trunk and add compost, fertilizer, which included sulfur and another mineral and mulch. The process broke up the compacted soil which sent lots of debris pool-ward. They had screens set up but I had plenty of debris on the decking so plenty went into the pool. I cranked up the RPM on my pump to 2500 and it is running 12 hours a day right now (7-7) and went ahead and brought the FC up to shock level (overshot to 18 actually) . I brushed toward the main drains this morning and noticed a good size cloud forming.

The PB includes a month of cleanings and he is scheduled to be out tomorrow around noon. Should I go ahead and vacuum this afternoon or just let the guy do it tomorrow? Do you think the minerals in the fertilizer call for spending $40 on a metal sequestrant from Leslie's?

Thanks

You can vacuum today or wait for the PB to come tomorrow. I don't think you will need additional chemicals, but if you see metal stains start to form you might consider it. With an FC of 18 right now, are you shocking the pool?

Yes, I am shocking just to make sure that any organic material that got into the pool doesn't cause any issues. I was aiming for 16 which the calculator suggested for my CYA level but I must have miss counted a quart when I added over a gallon of bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.