What to do until I can fully open?

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
Hi people!

Well, here in Florida it is past time to open, but we have not been able to yet due to an illness in the family that has had us away from home a lot. Currently my husband is staying with his parents to care for his father while I am here holding down the fort.

We still have the winter cover and leaf net on the pool, but the other day I noticed that there was a small amount of algae starting to grow in the pump strainer basket. I didn't see any in the skimmer, so it is probably from the sun beating down on the clear cover. Anyway, my plan is to try to get the leaf net off by myself and then start siphoning off the top of the cover but leave it covered. I don't really want to take the cover off until I have someone here to help me do that and get the SWG hooked back up at the same time.

Meanwhile, I know I need to get some chlorine in there and circulate the water. My plan is to top it off to 15 ppm and keep the filter running. Is this a good course of action? Anything else you can think of that I should do?

The simplest thing to do is to just ignore it and wait till later. You already have some algae and dealing with it now or dealing with it later isn't going to be all that different. Another option would be to pick up a trichlor floater and tie it so it sits in about the middle of the pool, under the cover. With the cover on and the pump off that should be enough to keep things under control for a couple of weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.