Pool Under grouns pop up head not rotating properly

Jul 27, 2011
I have a energy efficient motor, I run it for 20 hours Low speed and 3 hours High speed,

Problem is :

I have 13 pop up head in my UG pool, now I see only 3/13 pop up heads rotating properly and IF the other ones pop up, then I don't see the pressure coming out of them ?

What shall I do to resolve this issue ?

Melt In The Sun said:
First thing to do is open up the cleaner valve and make sure everything inside is in good shape. The gears could have something jammed in them, missing some teeth, etc.
I opened, and everything seems normal, except the O-ring for the valve was little bit loose, do you think that can make a difference ? shall I replace it with a new one ? Thanks

Well, it's probably the easiest thing to fix, but I don't see that interfering with the rotation of the zones. Do all the parts spin normally? You should see some kind of fins that the incoming water will spin, which then turns the whole set of gears. If you try and turn these with your fingers, you should be able to tell if it's working smoothly. What brand/model of valve do you have? If you're not sure, post a pic :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.