Test kit Avaliability in Auckland (NZ)

Hi all.

After saying that I would never buy a house with a pool, Im now looking for a nice way to eat my words.

Anyway, once we finally move in at the beginning of June I am going to need to get a test kit so I can start maintaining it, so when summer arrives here arround November/December the family and I can start to use it.

So question is, where can I get one of the recommended kits in NZ, preferably Auckland, or am I best to import from somewhere like Amazon?
Also what is the shelf life of these kits? Months, years?

Hey,

Because of shipping restrictions we cannot ship the TF-100 internationally. The Taylor K-2006 is perhaps an option so google search "taylor test kits" in NZ and see what you get. It'll be pricey by US standards but the use of a good kit is invaluable.

I have not used them before, but here is one of several sites that offer to re-ship from the U.S. to overseas addresses. Someone on another forum has said they used the site for buying camera equipment in the U.S. and having it shipped to South Africa. The cost was much lower even after shipping, duty, and VAT. http://www.shipito.com/

Hey mate,

See my post here (test-kits-available-in-australia-t27883-20.html?hilit=test%20kits%20australia) about my success in finally managing to get an excellent Taylor K-2006 kit shipped to Australia. Contact the super friendly guys there first for confirmation, but I'd be very surprised if they don't ship to Kiwi land... bro! I fully recommend them for good old fashioned service. Shipping costs for the kit are a bit exy but I've just recently ordered and received some replacement reagents and the shipping cost are much less for the smaller package. I'm pretty sure Amazon won't ship to NZ.

As for shelf life, see this page on the Taylor website http://www.taylortechnologies.com/Chemi ... Print=true. As for months vs years I think it's safe to say "a lot of months" if you store the reagents carefully in controloed conditions. I keep mine in the laundry cupboard which seems to be one of the cooler rooms in my house.

Now... I have to say... please don't be put off by the initial cost of getting one of these kits shipped down under (lucky US people with your cheap kits and free shipping!). You will not regret it. I cannot stress enough how liberated I feel since getting the tools I need to maintain my pool the way I want. My brother in law has recently spent the same amount I spent on my kit... twice in 2 weeks... and still has problems because the local pool shop has SFA idea of what is going on. Meanwhile I know EXACTLY what my crystal clear water is doing and know with 100% assurance that the water is safe to swim in every day of the week.

Let me know if I can help any more.

Steve.

K-2006 - K2005 Differences

Quick question, does anybody know if the difference between the Taylor K-2005 and the K-2006 are worth worrying about. Looking at the specs there is these differences

K-2006 said:
  • DPD Reagent #1, DPD Reagent #2
  • Sulfuric Acid

K-2006l said:
  • FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent
  • Sulfuric Acid .12N

All other tests remain the same.

Should I hold out for the K-2006, or will the K-2005 be Ok?

Neil

YES THEY MATTER. The whole key to the good test kit is the FAS-DPD test ... that is a must have.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Ive found a place that can get it in for me as they use some of the other Taylor test kits. They also have some of the reagents for the K-2006 as well, bonus.

It should be here in about 6 weeks as it has to come in via sea freight. (The powers class it as dangerous goods.)

For anybody else in Auckland looking for the kit (and so I remember who if I forget) check out http://www.poolmagic.co.nz

Ill update when I have the kit

EAN

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.