Draining my pool, need help!

big_g

Apr 4, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Ok, so after my first post (here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/first-time-pool-owner-and-i-want-to-swim-but-t42113.html) it was decided that I needed to drain my pool. I have the pump (tested at 3000 gph) and everything ready to go for first thing tomorrow morning. I'm planning an 80% drain, with a small drain/refill after that. I want to leave at least like 2000 gallons in the pool just to be safe...

Any suggestions or tips before I start?

Anything I should do while the pool is empty or in the drainage process?

I'll probably need some help with what to do chemical-wise after I refill it. :)

You guys rock, thanks for all your help thus far! :cheers:

I was going to suggest pressure washing the walls which is what I did ... but you have no algae. Maybe could try cleaning up the tile while it is exposed.

Only tip I can think of was when I drained into a wash behind the house the hose was about 10 feet too short to reach and all the water ended up carving out a ravine. So pay attention to where you a sending the water.

Should go smooth as you have nothing to clog the pump.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Yeah, I have some wicked scale buildup on my tiles... Like they were once a pretty dark blue and now they are white with a blue background... Not sure how to get it off, scrub brush did nothing. So I'm just gonna fill it up to the top of the tile and see if the water dissolves it...?

Hey, is there such a thing as a 12,000 gallon in-ground pool? I thought mine was 15,000 gallons, but I'm 3 hours in at 3000gph and I can't imagine there are still 6,000 gallons left... 3,000 maybe. I'm going to check the water meter before re-fill, but I'm trying to calculate refill time...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.