New low volt lighting.

I bought a good 600 watt transformer and good quality cable. I found outdoor spot lights on Amazon which have a good rating. The brand is Paradise lighting. The lights were 15 bucks for 50w and 12 for 20w. I debated on spending the big bucks for pro grade lights but I couldn't justify the money. Even if these last 3 years and need to replaced I could buy 10 for the cost of one high quality light. The lights are made out of cast aluminum and seem to be pretty sturdy. From what I read online the biggest issue when installing outdoor lighting is over loading the line so I ended up running one line for every two lights. I have 6 50w and 2 20w lights. I just used direct burial cable and used my free labor, 2 boys, to help me dig the trench. I used water proof wire nuts and then bagged and zip tied the bag before burying the bag side up in the ground. This is the same thing I did for my outdoor speakers and they have worked without any issues. I also still have plenty of extra power if I want to add more lights. Only time will tell if going the cheaper route was the right thing. Overall I am happy with the look.

Flippy said:
I bought a good 600 watt transformer and good quality cable. I found outdoor spot lights on Amazon which have a good rating. The brand is Paradise lighting. The lights were 15 bucks for 50w and 12 for 20w. I debated on spending the big bucks for pro grade lights but I couldn't justify the money. Even if these last 3 years and need to replaced I could buy 10 for the cost of one high quality light. The lights are made out of cast aluminum and seem to be pretty sturdy. From what I read online the biggest issue when installing outdoor lighting is over loading the line so I ended up running one line for every two lights. I have 6 50w and 2 20w lights. I just used direct burial cable and used my free labor, 2 boys, to help me dig the trench. I used water proof wire nuts and then bagged and zip tied the bag before burying the bag side up in the ground. This is the same thing I did for my outdoor speakers and they have worked without any issues. I also still have plenty of extra power if I want to add more lights. Only time will tell if going the cheaper route was the right thing. Overall I am happy with the look.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Im planning on doing something very similar and this will be a big help. Looks Great!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.