Aqualogic PS4 Control Salt Level

jhalpinjr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2011
Warner Robins, GA
Hi all this may sound easy but I think I over thought this and am now confused.

On my DEFAULT MENU, my Chlorinator is set to 10% and my salt level shows 2900ppm
On my DIAGNOSTIC MENU, its says "Chlorinator off Percentage Met", the "Instant Salt" shows 0000. The only time anything comes up in the Instant salt is when I bump the chlorinator level up, the cell activates, I can then save it.

Is this normal? In other words, Instant salt can only be read and saved when the Chlorinator is operating?

I was not aware the Aqualogic would know the Percentage was meat if it doesnt read chlrine level, I assumed it alwyas ran at that percentage power unitl it was shut off or the timer turned off.

Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks! I kinda feel like a tool :hammer:

The % is the actually the amount of time the cell is generating. It always generates the same amount of FC ... you are just setting what % of time is it on within something like a 10 or 15 minutes cycle (I don't know the exact time period). For example, if the cycle is 10 minutes, a 10% setting would mean the cell is on 1 minute off for 9 minutes. A 50% setting would mean on for 5 minutes off for 5 minutes, etc.

The instant Salt reading is based on the current flow through the water (or something like that), so it would only know that level when actually generating FC to measure the current.

These are the basic ideas ... but maybe my details are a bit flawed ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.