Looking for some advice on my major pool Renovation!

Apr 25, 2012
Hi Guys!

Stumbled across this site a couple of weeks ago while looking for some advice/answer. What a great group of members you have, very knowledgeable! I have a huge 22x40' ingroung block wall pool that has (had) a vinyl liner. Came with the house and was obviously neglected! (as was the entire house, being a foreclosure). I got a few years out of it with some help from friends and local pool companies, but this year the liner was ready to give way and the coping was ready to fall into the pool! So I decided being that it was mostly concrete work I could do most of it myself along with a couple of guys from my interior remodeling company. Needless to say it has been challenging involving lowering skimmer heights, pouring a new top 6" of the old block wall, new liner track, installing rounded corners that previously didn't exist, etc! Now it's on to the steps and floor and I could really use some advice!! Let me know what's the appropriate forum to post questions in related to this and i will happily do so. Also will post some pics! same place? Thanks to all, hope to chat more!

Rob, Tinton Falls, NJ

Hey! Welcome to the forum. :lol: Wow! Two concrete block pools on the same day! We can help......I did this one. an-unusual-pool-build-t10597.html?hilit=unusual%20pool%20build

Why don't you start a thread in "under construction" Then, keep all your posts under that single thread so everyone can keep up with your "story" as you progress.

There's another member doing a block wall pool, too and yet another member who built one. Lot's of nice folks will help any way they can.