Entry into Intex Pool

Jan 30, 2012
Has anyone come up with a solution other than the intex ladder and building a deck around the pool for entry into an intex pool? I am struggling to find a suitable ladder and don't want to build a deck around the pool till I get a real AGP

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I am talking about an ultra frame. I am thinking about mimicing one of those resin decks you can buy from intheswim.com but was curious what others were doing. The ladders are about as insufficient as the pumps that come with the pool

I bought an A-frame ladder system for regular above ground pools from the local pool store, and it works ok. Its meant to bolt into the top rail of an above ground pool, but 2 ratchet straps hold it in place and it doesn't move at all. Its rated for 250 lbs, but I'm about 400 (don't laugh) and haven't broken it.

We have the 16 x 32 rectangle Ultra Frame. We don't have the money at the moment to build a great deck around the pool (some time down the road). But we did pick up some scrap lumber and built a small 4 x 6 deck on one side with step leading up to the top of the deck and then just 1/2 of the ladder that came with the pool mounted to the deck, as well as a temporary ramp for our dogs. The lumber we picked up at the HD in there clearance section so in total we spent about $40 in material and just my husbands time. It's not pretty, but it does the job of making it easier to get into the pool and makes it easier for our dogs as well.

I don't have small children or pets that swim so we just use a weighted resin step stool in the pool and one outside the pool. Last one in puts the inside step stool next to the outside step stool and that way we don't have a huge shaky ladder hogging up all of the floor space in the pool. Probably not a good idea if there is any chance whatsoever that a little person could end up in the pool.

They are like this but a little taller and didn't cost this much at Menards. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009YUI8/?tag=azt3ab-20

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry been busy, here are some pics of our current set up until we can afford nice entry steps.

014.jpg

Ignore the wood, as I said all of it was clearance at HD and we didn't protect it with anything.

008.jpg

looking down from deck.

007.jpg

We bought a plastic type ladder since our pool is salt water and it totally ate up the stock ladder. LOVE IT! it was easy enough to put together (ok you have to trim out all the "extra" plastic from the blow mold but other than that we had it together in about 20 minutes. It's wider and very sturdy. You fill it with water (we added bleach too just to be sure it didn't turn "ickie"). We cut a noodle and put it over the top rail of the pool in the oft chance the ladder were to rub - but since we dont' allow jummping into the pool the ladder doesnt really move at all.

On the side of the pool where the ladder is we have a small patio made of 16x16 pavers.

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Accessori ... ty-Ladder/

Lattimer said:
I bought an A-frame ladder system for regular above ground pools from the local pool store, and it works ok. Its meant to bolt into the top rail of an above ground pool, but 2 ratchet straps hold it in place and it doesn't move at all. Its rated for 250 lbs, but I'm about 400 (don't laugh) and haven't broken it.
Lattimer - Do you have a picture of how you held the ladder in place with the ratchet straps? I bought a pool ladder from craigslist and same thing, it needs to be bolted to the pool. We are trying to figure out another way to get it to stay secure. Thanks. Rose

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.